- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To further develop knowledge, skills and understanding related to survey practice & apply them to subdivision development and resource consent applications.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the National Diploma in Surveying programme to enrol in this course. Pre-requisite: ENGG5202.
- Topics include:
generation of evidence for selected learning outcomes and unit standards from related courses such as Cadastral Surveying, Geodetic Surveying, Surveying Studies 2. Stormwater management designs for subdivisions
water run-off, soil conservation, erosion control, urban subdivision context, establishment of present and future flows,
relevant legislation, standards and management plans, stormwater management problems and solutions, establishment of a disposal system for urban subdivision
Water supply reticulation and wastewater disposal systems designs for subdivisions
Urban and rural subdivision contexts, Establishment of present and future demands and flows, relevant standards, codes of practice and local plans,
development and presentation of a water supply design for a subdivision, development and presentation of a wastewater disposal system design for subdivisions
Road or access ways for an urban subdivision
traffic and pedestrian counts, allotment number and size, compliance with project data and relevant standards
Research connected to a land subdivision
client brief, relevant legislation rules and standards, preliminary site investigation, infrastructure servicing, road access, specialist requirements
Subdivision plans and design report
client brief, relevant legislation and other factors, plans with significant features, plan detail sheet with essential elements,
design report with environments impacts and treatment strategies
Analysis of subdivision design document, Options for compliance with district plan, preparation of report, preparation of environmental impact assessment
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|24 Jul 17 - 11 Sep 17||Lecture||Monday||08:00 - 12:00||Mt Albert (114-2011)|
|25 Sep 17 - 25 Sep 17||Lecture||Monday||08:00 - 12:00||Mt Albert (114-2011)|
|16 Oct 17 - 30 Oct 17||Lecture||Monday||08:00 - 12:00||Mt Albert (114-2011)|
|18 Sep 17 - 18 Sep 17||Lecture||Monday||08:00 - 12:00||Mt Albert (112-4021)|