- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To develop the knowledge and skills necessary to supervise small scale landscape projects.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Diploma in Landscape Design programme to enrol in this course. Restriction: LPSC5993.
- Topics include:
Professional Service Agreements [Range
for design, procurement and contract administration services], Project Management methodology, Legal Framework [Range
Health & Safety in Employment, Contract Law, Resource Management Act, insurance, Consumer Guarantees Act, liability, professional indemnity, copyright, arbitration) , Contract documentation [Range
invitation to tender, drawings & specifications, conditions of contract, building and resource consents, Schedule of Quantities, costing, quotations, contracts, tags, letter of acceptance], Contract Planning and Administration [Range
timelines, variations, site instructions, progress payments, subcontractors, completion, defects liability periods, record keeping, administration procedure, Contract options eg
lump sum, measure & value, cost plus, charge up], Office management, Dispute avoidance
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|26 Jul 17 - 30 Aug 17||Studio||Wednesday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (001-1134)|
|20 Sep 17 - 25 Oct 17||Studio||Wednesday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (001-1134)|