- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To introduce students to garden history and to a range of past and current landscape issues.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Diploma in Landscape Design programme or the Certificate in Home Garden Design programme to enrol in this course. Restriction: CHGD: LPSC5982. DLD: LPSC5982 & LAND5111.
- Topics include:
History of gardens, typologies, garden studies, introduction to ecology, environmental issues, including sustainability, biodiversity and implications of human activities, kaitiakitanga, ideas of place, site, design issues, space and time, case studies, Treaty of Waitangi, Maori perspective
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|26 Jul 17 - 30 Aug 17||Studio||Wednesday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (001-1042)|
|Wednesday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (001-1041)|
|20 Sep 17 - 25 Oct 17||Studio||Wednesday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (001-1041)|
|Wednesday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (001-1042)|