If the help you need is not here see our frequently asked questions or
How to use the Library
- How to borrow / Borrowing & renewal limits - how many can you borrow at once?
- How to request a book from another Unitec library branch
- How to print and copy
- How to find books and other information - see also LibrarySearch help on the right >>
- How to find articles
- Fines and fees
- How to find us (our locations & maps) / How to contact us
- How to research a topic
- Library tours / tutorials
- Services for Distance students / forms
- Library group study room bookings
- Copying and printing
- Connecting to the wireless network
- Logging in
- Accessing MyLibrary Account - renewing books online, requesting a book etc
- How to register for Library reminders via Text message
- Using Turnitin to check your assignment
How to access our online resources:
- Database access - Help connecting to and using the Journal and Research Databases we subscribe to
- Database searching - Online tutorials and guides on how to search individual databases or database groupings
- eBooks - Finding and accessing e-books
- Exam papers - Finding and downloading Unitec exam papers
- Journals and articles - Finding fulltext journal and news articles online
- Online tutorials
- Searching the internet - using search engines etc.
- Subject guides
- Log in to LibrarySearch - enter your Unitec username and password.
- Search for the book you want
- Click on the Locations link (just under the record of the book) to see where the book is usually located. If a book is held at another location, you can request it be transferred to your preferred pick-up location as follows:
- Clicking on the + icon and then the Request link. This will take you directly to the Request tab.
- Select the location you would like the book to be delivered to - ie your "pick up" location.
- Click on the Request button.
You will be notified by email and (if you have opted in) text message when the book is available for you to pick up.
Note: If Unitec Library does not have a book you require, you may be able to interloan it from another academic library.
- Log in to LibrarySearch ( top right)
- Find the item you wish to rate/review
- Select tab:'Reviews & tags'
- Click 'Post your review'
- Select a number from the dop down box: 10 = 5 stars, 8 = 4 stars etc.
- Tick " "
- Click 'submit' button
- If you edit the rating or review you must refresh (press F5) to see the changes
See also how to tag an item
Library Help guides