Website Last Updated
Tue 11th Sep 2012
I.M.S. Leasing and Purchasing information is located on the Nest under Departments & Services > Organsational Development > Information Management Services > IMS Leasing & Purchasing
Staff can book sessions using the spreadsheet available on The Nest.
The I.M.S. Computer Orientation period
Between Monday 18th February 2013 and Friday 8th February 2013 - we can only conduct I.M.S. Computer Orientation during this time window.
- Orientation sessions are 1hr in length
- New Class Support sessions are 15 mins in length
We are happy to book sessions at times that suit you within the period mentioned above, providing we can resource them. If we can not accommodate your preferred time, we will negotiate other possible times.
Bookings close 12th February 2013 or earlier if we are unable to resource further bookings.
How do I book?
1) Complete the form below and email to email@example.com. Ensure you include all the information required including date, start and finish time, computer room you have booked, number of students you are expecting, programme/ course name and number and Peoplesoft class number.
Please ensure you are only booking for first year students.
A) I.M.S. Computer Orientation Class - One Hour required per class
I.M.S. Trainer and I.M.S. Helper are present at each I.M.S. Computer Orientation class you book with us
- Introduction, I.M.S. HelpDesk Contact Info & Services
- Providing students with their login information
- An introduction to the Unitec Computing Environment: The Novell-delivered applications window, standard software, specialised software in different labs, accessing Unitec network drives (F and H drive), where not to save, internet usage and printing services: Papercut
- The Unitec Corporate website
- Brief Moodle demonstration
- Brief Student Email (Wairaka) demonstration
- MyUnitec Portal demonstration including MyFiles and Student Self Service (accessing timetables, grades and changing email address)
- Changing passwords and workstation security
- Logging Out
B) New Class Support - I.M.S. Helper for first 15 mins only
An I.M.S. Helper will assist a Unitec lecturer with providing logins and other support required for the first 15 minutes of class only. You must book the computer room yourself.
Further Information or Questions
Please contact Amanda Smith on extn 8093 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lunchtime Computer Orientation Classes
We will also be offering free lunchtime Computer Orientation classes in the I.M.S. Training Room (112-1001).
Monday 18th February 2013 to Friday 8th February 2013 12.00pm - 1.00pm (no classes on Saturdays and Sundays)
Bookings: No bookings necessary. Students are welcome to attend on a first in, first served basis.