Masters/postgraduate elective at Unitec Institute of Technology
APMG 8118 Enterprise Creativity, Design and Innovation
This course provides students with enhanced capability to examine innovation, creativity, design theory and practice within several themes.
These themes include: leadership; structured processes for new product development; industry, national, and cultural factors; knowledge and ideas management; environmental responsibility and green design; financing; and intellectual property rights management.
Enterprise Creativity, Design and Innovation is a credit bearing postgraduate level course. The course can be taken as a stand-alone short course even if you are not currently enrolled at Unitec. You will join current postgraduate students in class and undertake assessment projects. If you complete this course you can cross-credit to Unitec's Postgraduate Diploma in Business or Masters of Business programmes.
To achieve the course aims, participating students will:
- Identify and evaluate the factors associated with successful and failed innovation.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of structured processes for developing new products.
- Critique the impact of industry, national, cultural and global issues on the context for an organization's innovation strategy.
- Design an effective strategy for introducing an innovation into a specific organisational context.
- Implement and evaluate a pilot intervention of an innovation introduced to a specific organisation.
- Evaluate contemporary consultancy, facilitation and team work skills in the context of leading an innovation intervention.
An experiential learning approach is used in which students engage in designing and delivering a practical innovation realised as a new process, service, or product.
Assessment is based on a significant project in which each student:
- Visits a client organisation to identify opportunities for an innovation intervention
- Selects and presents an innovation intervention as a proposal to the client organisation
- Designs and facilitates the implementation of an innovation intervention accepted for pursuit by the client organisation
- Evaluates the lessons from their experience for their future professional leadership practice.
|Course ID||APMG 8118|
|Commences||28 February 2013|
|Concludes||27 June 2013|
|Time||Thursdays, 1.00pm - 5.00pm
|Location||Room 3018, Building 115, Unitec, Mt Albert|
|Tutor||Associate Professor, Dr Peter MELLALIEU|
How to enrol
Current Unitec students
If you are a current student please login to myUnitec and enrol for this elective.
If you are not enrolled as a Unitec student, please complete an online application. You will need to meet the admission requirements for the Postgraduate Diploma in Business or Master of Business to be accepted into this short course.
Note: During the online application, you will need to select 'Certificate of Proficiency' as the programme you would like to apply for (Question 2) during the online application process.
On the 'Program' step of the application, click on 'Details' next to the Certificate of Proficiency. In the box next to 'Class' enter the digits 1554. Leave the 'Class2' box empty.
If you need assistance with your application, please see our help page or contact Student Central on 0800 10 95 10 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last edited: 22 April 2013