National Certificate in Real Estate (Salesperson)
|Programme summary||Career opportunities||Courses & timetables||Admission requirements|
4, 47 0.39
6 weeks in class (Mon-Fri, 9am-1pm) plus 6 weeks of self-directed study and completion of assignments;
or 12 weeks in-class (Sat 9am-3pm and Wed 7-9pm);
or 12 weeks of blended learning (a mix of online learning, self-directed study and assignments).
Starts throughout the year
This is a very popular programme so we require that all enrolments (including verified identification and study evidence documents) are submitted at least 10 days prior to the programme start date. Late admissions will be subject to availability.
Mt Albert campus or Northern campus, or blended learning
NZ$1931 (Approximate fee only, find out more about the costs of study)
|Applications are now open for Semester 2|
Want a career in real estate? Gain an understanding of New Zealand’s real estate industry, the law of contract, land ownership and much more.
The upgrade course
Students who have already gained the Real Estate Salesperson's Course can complete the relevant new unit standards only, without having to repeat material they have already learnt. The upgrade course is only available to those students who have recently completed some of the unit standards in the Real Estate Salesperson's Course. Price is $1068.00
A career in real estate is challenging and rewarding, and there are many opportunities for qualified real estate salespeople. This certificate provides you with the knowledge, skills and requirements for entry into this exciting industry. Become familiar with auction and tender methods, the law of agency and land ownership, council zoning, building law and the transfer of ownership and titles. Complete sale and purchase agreements, and learn about the legal requirements involved with the sale of real estate. You also look at how to identify misleading and deceiving conduct and misrepresentation, and develop your negotiation skills. This qualification allows you to apply to the Real Estate Agent's Authority for a licence to work in the industry.
- A prerequisite for employment in real estate sales.
- Industry recognition: Unitec is recognised as a leader in the delivery of the real estate entry qualification.
- Developed to the requirements of the real estate industry training organisation.
- Flexible study options: choose from on-campus contact classes or blended learning (a mix of online learning, self-directed study and assignments).
- Good support system with a dedicated tutor (for both contact classes and blended learning).
- Work experience in a real estate organisation.
- Lecturers who are qualified real estate professionals, with years of industry experience.
- Small classes.
- Students who have already gained the Real Estate Salesperson's Course can complete the relevant new unit standards only, without having to repeat material they've already learned.
Last edited: 26 February 2013