Bachelor of Business (Management)
|Programme summary||Career opportunities||Courses & timetables||Admission requirements|
7, 360 3.0
Full-time for three years or part-time options available
Starts February or July. Summer School also available
Mt Albert campus
Semester dates for 2013:
Semester 1: 25 February - 28 June; Semester 2: 22 July - 22 November
NZ$5105 (Approximate fee only, find out more about the costs of study)
|Applications are now open for Semester 2|
Develop the knowledge and skills for a management career, and find out how to help an organisation achieve its goals. Specialise in either human resource management (HRM) or operations management. Practise what you've learnt in a work experience placement.
Are you interested in a career in management? To be successful in today's ever-changing commercial world, you have to be competent in a variety of business skills. If you study for a Bachelor of Business (Management) you'll not only gain an overview of how business operates, but also understand what effect the management of human resources and operations has on business as a whole. Specialise in either human resource management or operations management.
- Developed with input from national and international business leaders.
- Recognised by the New Zealand Institute of Management (NZIM).
- Two pathways: human resource management or operations management.
- Work experience in your final year: you take part in an Industry Based Learning (IBL) placement, undertaking a relevant project or work experience for an organisation sourced by you and producing a portfolio that showcases your learning. You work part-time in the workplace (approximately two days a week for 10 weeks) while completing some study as part of your programme of learning. An academic supervisor from Unitec will guide you through the experience.
- Part-time study options available and some courses may also be offered as evening classes or during Summer School (in December and January).
- It's up to you how many courses you want to complete each semester. You should complete the Bachelor of Business within 10 years.
In a world of change and complexity, it's an advantage to have multiple skills and above all, to be adaptable. A Bachelor of Business double major consists of the common and major-specific compulsory courses from any two Bachelor of Business majors. A double major can be completed within three-and-a-half to four years of full-time study.
Last edited: 29 August 2012