Certificate in Home Garden Design
|Programme summary||Career opportunities||Courses & timetables||Admission requirements|
4, 60 0.5
Tailored part-time and full-time study options available
Starts February or July
Mt Albert campus
Semester dates for 2014:
Semester 1: 3 March - 27 June; Semester 2: 21 July - 14 November
NZ$2650 (Approximate fee only, find out more about the costs of study)
Do you love gardening? Find out how you improve your own garden or design gardens for other people. Learn how to select plants and gain a basic understanding of home garden design.
Want to learn more about plants, hard materials and how to design your garden? The Certificate in Home Garden Design is aimed at gardeners who want to improve their own garden, or learn how to design a garden for a friend. You'll explore plant selection and landscape construction, and gain basic garden design skills. Find out how to draw garden designs, and develop your study and communication skills.
- A taster and confidence builder for mature students and school leavers who want to start their tertiary study.
- An emphasis on hands-on learning: field trips, plant identification, garden design and drawing exercises.
- A pathway into the Diploma in Landscape Design - all credits gained in the certificate can be fully cross-credited.
- Green study environment: our park-like Mt Albert campus is a great environment for plant identification exercises.
- Small classes.
- Staff active in landscape design industry groups.
Last edited: 05 September 2013