Graduate Diploma in Event Communication
|Programme summary||Career opportunities||Courses & timetables||Admission requirements|
7, 120 1.0
Full-time for one year or part-time options available
This programme only starts in July each year
Mt Albert campus
Semester dates for 2014:
Semester 1: 24 February - 27 June; Semester 2: 21 July - 21 November
NZ$5265 (Approximate fee only, find out more about the costs of study)
Develop skills for a career in event management. Gain the experience of creating and organising an event, and take part in an industry internship in an event production company.
From fundraising events to business conferences and product launches - there's a growing need for bright and savvy event management professionals. The industry is fast-paced, and needs professionals with clear communication skills, excellent organisational skills and attention to detail - all skills the Graduate Diploma in Event Communication helps you develop. You'll learn how to work under pressure to ensure the smooth and efficient running of an event, from conception through to completion.
- A focus on event management, combined with a sound understanding of public relations, media liaison, reputation management and communication processes.
- Industry internship where you spend at least 200 hours in an organisation specialising in staging events.
- Close links with the events and communication industries.
- Lecturers who run their own event management companies.
- Visits from guest lecturers who are leaders in their field.
- A combination of class contact, industry-based learning and web-based online support.
- Some courses may also be offered as evening/late afternoon classes.
Last edited: 05 September 2013