Bachelor of Business (Finance)
|Programme summary||Career opportunities||Courses & timetables||Admission requirements|
7, 360 3.0
Full-time for three years or part-time options available
Starts February or July, Summer School also available
Number of places open
Mt Albert campus
Semester dates for 2014:
Semester 1: 24 February - 27 June; Semester 2: 21 July - 21 November
Applications for this programme have closed for Semester 1, 2014.
Want a career in finance? Develop an understanding of business finance, investments, finance law, the operation of financial markets, financial risk management, and financial statement analysis.
Do you want to work in finance? Explore the nature and function of financial markets, and apply financial management tools to analyse and advise on the financial aspects of managerial decisions. As a finance graduate, you could work for a company to finance the running of the business, make acquisitions, plan for its financial future and manage cash flows. You could also provide advice to businesses or to individuals on their financial futures.
- Gain a high level of competence in finance and the skills to apply your technical knowledge to business problems.
- A work placement in an organisation of your choice in your final year - a chance to apply what you've learnt and make valuable contacts for your career in finance. Our sponsoring organisations range from large multi-national corporations to not-for-profit organisations and small local businesses.
- Flexibility - you choose how many courses you want to take each semester and can complete the degree in your own time frame.
- Full and part-time study options available, with day and evening classes offered.
- The opportunity to graduate with a double major in Accountancy and Finance. If you're keen you could complete your double major in three years, the same time it takes to complete one major.
In a world of change and complexity, it's an advantage to have multiple skills and to be adaptable. A Bachelor of Business double major consists of the common and major-specific compulsory courses from any two Bachelor of Business majors. A double major can be completed within three-to-four years of full-time study depending on the combination of majors. A double major in Accountancy and Finance can be completed in the same time as a single major.
Double majors available
- Accountancy and Finance
- Accountancy and Marketing
- Accountancy and Management
- Finance and Management
- Finance and Marketing
- Marketing and Management
Last edited: 05 September 2013