Bachelor of Business (Accountancy)
|Programme summary||Career opportunities||Courses & timetables||Admission requirements|
7, 360 3.0
Full-time for three years or part-time options available
Starts February or July; Summer School also available
Number of places open
Mt Albert campus
Semester dates for 2013:
Semester 1: 25 February - 28 June; Semester 2: 22 July - 22 November
NZ$5105 (Approximate fee only, find out more about the costs of study)
|Applications are now open for Semester 2|
Gain a sound understanding of both accounting and finance principles, and learn to apply your technical accounting knowledge in a variety of business settings.
Accountants are an integral part of any organisation. They prepare financial statements, develop and operate financial systems, manage the tax payments and cash flows of the business and provide input into the strategic planning process. Accountants can also check the validity of financial statements and provide advice on growing a client's business.
The Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) will develop your skills in accounting in a diverse range of organisations. Your degree will open up a range of career options - it offers you flexibility and choice, and can take you to almost any organisation or any country. The programme is suitable for both school leavers and mature students.
- Develop a high level of technical competence in accounting. Apply your technical accounting knowledge to solve business problems in a variety of settings and adapt to change when it occurs.
- A focus on current business practice.
- Industry Based Learning - a work placement in your final year and a chance to apply your skills in a business organisation of your choice. Our sponsoring organisations range from large multinational corporations to not-for-profit organisations and small local businesses.
- Pathways to complete the academic requirements for membership of the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants, CPA Australia or ACCA Global (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants).
- Full-time and part-time study options are available.
- Days and evening classes may be offered during Summer School.
- Opportunity to graduate with a double major in Accountancy and Finance. If you're keen you could complete your double major in three years, the same time it takes to complete one major.
In a world of change and complexity, it's an advantage to have multiple skills and to be adaptable. A Bachelor of Business double major consists of the common and major-specific compulsory courses from any two Bachelor of Business majors.
A double major can be completed within three to four years of full-time study depending on the combination of majors. A double major in Accountancy and Finance can be completed in the same time as a single major.
Double majors available
- Accountancy and Finance
- Accountancy and Marketing
- Accountancy and Management
Last edited: 21 September 2012