Research Project - Enrolment (ICIB9002ENR)
- 15.0 (0.125 EFTS)
- To allow the student to design, carry out, and report on a significant research investigation that is problem-oriented and applied in nature in the form of a thesis, dissertation, substantial research paper or scholarly creative work. Participants will conduct creative practice based research within a specialist area that extends elements of earlier work on the programme according to his/her own predilections and particular skills.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Master of Creative Practice programme to enrol in this course. Pre-requisites: ICIB8071 and (ICIB8072 or ICIB8073). Restriction: ICIB9003.
- Topics include:
The student will be required to select and state a research problem and design a qualitative research method to address it.. S/he will be required to review related literature and form a hypothesis or research questions to study.
During the period of the project a series of supervisor meetings will be held to ensure that the student is progressing along the defined research track. Specific meetings will deal with
1. Research plan
2. Research proposal
3. Hypothesis formation and links to literature
4. Collection of data and security of database
5. Research instruments and their appropriateness;
6. Analysis methods appropriate to the research topic.
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 1390. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 5172. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 5946. This timetable is currently unavailable.
- Note: This course is offered as part of Master of Creative Practice.