- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To develop an understanding of sound news writing practice.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Restriction: COMM6437. Pre-requisite: Any Level 5 course from a Unitec programme.
- Topics include:
What is news?
What is the function of the media?
What is a journalist?
Shaping the news story
Writing the intro
Using quotes and attribution
Language and style
Covering meetings, sport and other public events
Codes of ethics
The media and the law
News gathering and technology
Writing for TV and radio
Writing for online sources
Using technology to distribute news stories
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|24 Jul 18 - 25 Sep 18||Lecture||Tuesday||12:30 - 14:30||Mt Albert (170-2031)|
|25 Jul 18 - 26 Sep 18||Lecture||Wednesday||13:00 - 15:00||Mt Albert (115-3016)|
|27 Jul 18 - 28 Sep 18||Lecture||Friday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (170-2035)|
|16 Oct 18 - 30 Oct 18||Lecture||Tuesday||12:30 - 14:30||Mt Albert (170-2031)|
|17 Oct 18 - 31 Oct 18||Lecture||Wednesday||13:00 - 15:00||Mt Albert (115-3016)|
|19 Oct 18 - 2 Nov 18||Lecture||Friday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (170-2035)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Applied Science (Science Communication), Bachelor of Creative Enterprise, Bachelor of Communication (Event Management), Bachelor of Communication (Media Studies), Bachelor of Communication (Public Relations), Graduate Diploma in Creative Enterprise, Graduate Diploma in Event Communication.