- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To facilitate an understanding of the roles of digital technology and the internet in music creation and dissemination, further develop digital audio skills, and develop basic skills in music marketing and management.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Diploma in Contemporary Music programme or the Bachelor of Creative Enterprise programme to enrol in this course. Pre-requisites: For DCM: PASA4410. Restriction: For DCM: PASA5011.
- Topics include:
Content will include but is not limited to
Digital audio platforms (DAWs, streaming and download services, file formats), Marketing and promotion, social media and web design,
Copyright and Creative Commons, file-sharing, and income streams, Budgeting, touring and releasing music to an audience, music technologies
Learning and teaching approaches
The course is taught in both lecture and tutorial modes, involving class work and individual exercises
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 5117. This timetable is currently unavailable.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|26 Jul 17 - 27 Sep 17||Lecture||Wednesday||09:30 - 11:30||Mt Albert (012-1025)|
|27 Jul 17 - 28 Sep 17||Computing||Thursday||11:00 - 12:00||Mt Albert (012-1025)|
|18 Oct 17 - 8 Nov 17||Lecture||Wednesday||09:30 - 11:30||Mt Albert (012-1025)|
|19 Oct 17 - 9 Nov 17||Computing||Thursday||11:00 - 12:00||Mt Albert (012-1025)|
Class: 5392. This timetable is currently unavailable.
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Creative Enterprise, Diploma in Contemporary Music.