- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To critically employ theoretical and practical understanding of playmaking as both a process and an outcome for creating performance presentations. This course focuses on giving a hands-on experience to participants in workshop and classroom exercises.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Topics include:
May include but are not limited to
A flexible approach to methodology Approaches to thought and experimentation Artistic practice
Blurring boundaries and breaking rules Brainstorming and concept development - taking this off the page Complexity
Conventional and alternative techniques in idea production Creative and spiritual beliefs and practices Creative knowledge
Devising as a methodology and as a way of being Experimentation, innovation and cutting edge practices Funding applications (Creative New Zealand, Arts Alive)
Hybridity Ideas of thought Interdisciplinary practice Intervention
Listening and assertiveness Mixed origins Participation Performance practice and preparation
Practical methods for devising across disciplines Problem-solving and creative thinking Production cultures
Ritual practice - preparation for daily group work The brain as a patterning system Working to a timeline
Learning and teaching approaches
Topics may be taught in an integrated manner in both practical/workshop/lab and lecture/seminar/tutorial modes
Activities include self-directed learning, individual and class exercises, field trips, work in groups, guest lectures and online discussion
Feedback is sought throughout the course using a range of assessment tools including
Group reflection and individual survey
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|27 Feb 18 - 10 Apr 18||Studio||Tuesday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (006-2057)|
|28 Feb 18 - 11 Apr 18||Studio||Wednesday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (006-2057)|
|1 Mar 18 - 12 Apr 18||Studio||Thursday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (006-2057)|
|2 Mar 18 - 13 Apr 18||Studio||Friday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (006-2057)|
|1 May 18 - 26 Jun 18||Studio||Tuesday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (006-2057)|
|2 May 18 - 27 Jun 18||Studio||Wednesday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (006-2057)|
|3 May 18 - 28 Jun 18||Studio||Thursday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (006-2057)|
|4 May 18 - 29 Jun 18||Studio||Friday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (006-2057)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Graduate Diploma in Creative Practice.