Have you always dreamt of a creative career in garden design? The New Zealand Diploma in Landscape (Design) is New Zealand's premier garden design programme and gives you a solid grounding in site investigation, plant selection and garden design - essential skills if you’re aspiring to a career in landscape design for residential or small commercial environments.
- Nationally developed qualification with linkages to the Garden Design Society of New Zealand
- Field work, real sites and real clients
- Park-like campus - a great environment for plant identification and studying landscape conditions
- Solid base of plant knowledge
- High tech CAD facilities accessible between 7am-11pm
- Flexible study – part time options
- Industry connected: work with highly regarded lecturers who hold executive positions in key industry organisations
- Graduates of this programme can cross credit into year 2 of the Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
This programme has replaced the Diploma in Landscape Design.
For this programme, you will need the following:
1. Achieved one of the below:
- A minimum of 48 credits at NCEA Level 2 in four different subjects
- Completed the New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture Services (Level 4)
- Provide evidence of equivalent knowledge and skills
2. 12 credits at NCEA Level 2 in English
3. If English is your second language, you are will need one or more of the following:
- Have achieved NCEA Level 3 and New Zealand University entrance
- Be able to provide evidence you satisfy our criteria for existing English proficiency
- Have achieved at least one English proficiency outcome in the last two years
Don’t meet the requirements? We also accept:
- Provide sufficient evidence to be eligible for special or discretionary admission
As part of the selection process for this programme, you may be asked to take part in an interview.
For more information download the programme regulations:
Courses and timetables
For more details on the courses including timetables, please click on the course names below.
The 'Key Information for Students' below does not reflect any international student information.
Please take this information as a guideline only. For example, you will often see a difference between these tuition fees and our estimate above. This is because there are a number of variables, such as the specific courses chosen within a programme.
The national graduate outcomes information is for all tertiary New Zealand providers including Unitec. This information is provided by the New Zealand Government and is derived from a national database that links educational and income information.
Key Information for Students
Entry requirementsMinimum requirements: 48 credits at NCEA Level 2 from a mix of subjects, be 16 years old and meet English language requirements or New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture Services (Level 4) or relevant qualifications, special and discretionary admission also accepted.
Detailed requirements: See the above "Admission requirements" section for more information about entry to this progrogramme.
|Government tuition subsidy:||N/A||N/A|
National graduate outcomes
|(3 years after completion)|
|Earnings range||$33,456 - $48,479|
|In further study||19%|
|On a benefit||N/A|
Note:All KIS information is the most recent available relating to domestic students only. Click here for more information about the Key Information for Students.