- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable students to understand the concept and elements of event management, the components of an event feasibility study, the significance of sponsorship and the purpose of an operational plan for the event industry. Students will learn to prepare an event feasibility study, an effective sponsorship proposal and produce an event operational plan for implementation in an event industry environment.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Pre-requisite: Any other Level 5 course from a degree at Unitec.
- Topics include:
event history (last two decades); types of events and purpose; events and public communication; event concept and design; event feasibility studies; SWOT analyses; budgetary controls; compliance issues with local council and statutory liabilities; sponsorship and grants; risk management; event advertising and promotion; health and safety; event evaluation; event operational plans.
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|28 Feb 18 - 11 Apr 18||Lecture||Wednesday||08:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (180-1003)|
|2 May 18 - 6 Jun 18||Lecture||Wednesday||08:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (180-1003)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Communication (Event Management), Graduate Diploma in Event Communication.