- 30 (0.25 EFTS)
- To develop students’ English language and cultural skills to enable them to communicate with developing independence and fluency in a range of everyday social and community contexts
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Level 4) programme to enrol in this course.
- Topics include:
- The tertiary learning environment and e-learning technologies, including Moodle
- Aspects of bicultural and multi cultural New Zealand, appropriate to the level and context
- Kupu Maori and phrases that occur frequently in NZ English in social and community settings
- Development of English for Social and Community Purposes through interaction with texts and topics relevant to the level, interests and goals of the learner,
including Work, Health, Current Issues in NZ Society, Cultural differences, Formality and Informality in NZ society, Conversation strategies
- Learning strategies, including working in groups, setting goals, reflective practice, research strategies, maximising opportunities
- The good language learner
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 1584. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 5395. This timetable is currently unavailable.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|25 Jul 17 - 26 Sep 17||Lecture||Tuesday||10:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (170-2031)|
|26 Jul 17 - 27 Sep 17||Lab||Wednesday||10:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (183-1004)|
|27 Jul 17 - 28 Sep 17||Lecture||Thursday||11:00 - 13:00||Mt Albert (182-2001)|
|28 Jul 17 - 29 Sep 17||Lecture||Friday||10:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (182-1001)|
|17 Oct 17 - 21 Nov 17||Lecture||Tuesday||10:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (170-2031)|
|18 Oct 17 - 22 Nov 17||Lab||Wednesday||10:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (183-1004)|
|19 Oct 17 - 23 Nov 17||Lecture||Thursday||11:00 - 13:00||Mt Albert (182-2001)|
|20 Oct 17 - 24 Nov 17||Lecture||Friday||10:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (182-1001)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Level 4).