- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable students to extend their knowledge and programming skills for PLCs, using advanced PLC control techniques and to learn the concepts of automation, networking and network programming.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Bachelor of Engineering Technology programme to enrol in this course. Pre-requisite: ENGGMG5018.
- Topics include:
1. Data types and tags
2. Indirect addressing, step control, array manipulation and testing
3. Maths functions
4. Data communication protocols
5. Function Charts to IEC 848 Standard
6. PID function block control and trending
7. Data communication systems for simple fieldbus systems
8. Commonly used sensors and their interfacing
9. Touch screens and their interfacing
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 2070. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 5898. This timetable is currently unavailable.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|26 Jul 17 - 27 Sep 17||Workshop||Wednesday||13:00 - 15:00||Mt Albert (112-3001B)|
|27 Jul 17 - 28 Sep 17||Lecture||Thursday||15:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (112-3001B)|
|18 Oct 17 - 1 Nov 17||Workshop||Wednesday||13:00 - 15:00||Mt Albert (112-3001B)|
|19 Oct 17 - 2 Nov 17||Lecture||Thursday||15:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (112-3001B)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Electrical).