- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable students to learn to the use of PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers) in industry and to enable them to learn skills with modern PLC programming tools.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Bachelor of Engineering Technology programme to enrol in this course. Pre-requisites: ENGGMG5001 and (ENGGMG5014 or ENGGMG5034).
- Topics include:
1) The concept of a PLC
2. Hardwiring associated with a PLC
3. Ladder logic programming
4. Comparison of the key programming languages listed in IEC 61131-3 with ladder logic
5. Binary coded decimal as a means of transferring numerical data to and from a PLC
6. Common industrial analogue and digital input and output modules and typical applications of each module
7. Field bus systems at an introductory level
8. SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) at an introductory level
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 2077. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 5903. This timetable is currently unavailable.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|24 Jul 17 - 25 Sep 17||Lecture||Monday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (112-3001B)|
|26 Jul 17 - 27 Sep 17||Lecture||Wednesday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (112-3001B)|
|16 Oct 17 - 30 Oct 17||Lecture||Monday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (112-3001B)|
|18 Oct 17 - 1 Nov 17||Lecture||Wednesday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (112-3001B)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Electrical).