- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable the student to learn modern advanced automation systems and practice used in industry.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Bachelor of Engineering Technology programme to enrol in this course. Pre-requisite: ENGGMG6019.
- Topics include:
1. Automation networks, concepts and the choice of media for applications
2. Advanced interfacing methods
3. The operation of a field bus
4. Programming and interfacing of a touch screen to PLC
5. Concept, purpose, capability and programming of a SCADA system
6. Peer to peer communication between PLCs
7. IEC 61131-3 Function Block Diagram, Structured Text and Sequential Function Chart programming
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 2069. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 5897. This timetable is currently unavailable.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|26 Jul 17 - 27 Sep 17||Lecture||Wednesday||15:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (112-3001B)|
|27 Jul 17 - 28 Sep 17||Workshop||Thursday||13:00 - 15:00||Mt Albert (112-3001B)|
|18 Oct 17 - 1 Nov 17||Lecture||Wednesday||15:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (112-3001B)|
|19 Oct 17 - 2 Nov 17||Workshop||Thursday||13:00 - 15:00||Mt Albert (112-3001B)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Electrical).