- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable the student to design electrical installations according to Industry standards and technical parameters.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Bachelor of Applied Technology programme to enrol in this course. Pre-requisite: APTE5605. Restriction: ETEC6421.
- Topics include:
Appropriate selection from following topics.
Principles and applications of electrical installations, calculations and legal requirements related to installations , industry trends
Design, operation and performance of various cable systems, comparisons, calculations and legal requirements related to cable systems, industry trends
design, operation and performance of various electrical machines, comparisons, construction of a selection of motor control circuits, written commissioning reports for a selection of motor control circuits, industry trends
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|27 Feb 18 - 10 Apr 18||Lecture||Tuesday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (170-1012)|
|1 Mar 18 - 12 Apr 18||Lab||Thursday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (170-B004)|
|1 May 18 - 26 Jun 18||Lecture||Tuesday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (170-1012)|
|3 May 18 - 28 Jun 18||Lab||Thursday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (170-B004)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Applied Technology - Electrotechnology.