Education Policy and Strategy (EDUC8882)
- 30 (0.25 EFTS)
- Students will critically examine and interpret education policy. They will gain an understanding of and ability to apply and evaluate concepts of quality, strategic and financial management, and strategic marketing in educational settings.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Master of Educational Leadership & Management or the Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Leadership & Management or the Postgraduate Certificate in Educational Leadership & Management to enrol in this course.
- Topics include:
1. Historical and political development of policy and the interplay with socio-cultural and political factors
2. Theories of financial management
3. Strategic management theory and practice, concepts of curriculum mix, differentiation and analysis methods
4. Planning models, methodologies, construction and review processes
5. Theories of quality control, assurance and management and their application in educational settings
6. Notions of quality and effectiveness, quality and accountability, and quality standards and systems in educational improvement
7. Theories and concepts of relationship marketing
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 1881. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 5707. This timetable is currently unavailable.
- Note: This course is offered as part of Master of Educational Leadership and Management, Postgraduate Certificate in Educational Leadership and Management, Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Leadership and Management.