- 30 (0.25 EFTS)
- Students will critically examine the general range of research traditions employed in education and specifically those which lead to change. They will determine the range of methodologies associated with these traditions and apply this knowledge in the preparation of a research proposal.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Master of Educational Leadership and Management programme or the Master of Education programme or the Postgraduate Dioloma in Education to enrol in this course.
- Topics include:
1. Positivist, interpretivist, critical, and post-modern research traditions
2. Research approaches which incorporate or lead to educational change
3. Definitions and philosophical underpinnings of educational quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods research methodologies
4. Research project topic identification, selection, refinement and justification
5. Research methods, data collection, data analysis
6. Research project rationale and aims and research questions
7. Validity, reliability and triangulation
8. Educational research ethics and Unitec policy and procedures
9. Research proposal preparation
10. Literature searching, selection and review
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 1883. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 5709. This timetable is currently unavailable.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|17 Jul 17 - 17 Jul 17||Lecture||Monday||13:00 - 16:00||Mt Albert (115-1007)|
|Monday||08:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (115-1007)|
|18 Jul 17 - 18 Jul 17||Lecture||Tuesday||08:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (115-1007)|
|Tuesday||13:00 - 16:00||Mt Albert (115-1007)|
|19 Jul 17 - 19 Jul 17||Lecture||Wednesday||13:00 - 16:00||Mt Albert (115-1007)|
|Wednesday||08:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (115-1007)|
|20 Jul 17 - 20 Jul 17||Lecture||Thursday||08:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (115-1007)|
|Thursday||13:00 - 16:00||Mt Albert (115-1007)|
|21 Jul 17 - 21 Jul 17||Lecture||Friday||08:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (115-1007)|
|Friday||13:00 - 16:00||Mt Albert (115-1007)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Master of Educational Leadership and Management.