Free4U Computing Courses are beneficial to so many people in our community! Our courses are suitable for those new to computers, those wanting to upskill for job opportunities, further study or personal interest. Start anytime and choose session times that are convenient for you. Enquire now!
Unitec Waitakere Campus, 5 Ratanui St, Henderson
Unitec Building 510 Room 1007 (ground floor near Student Central).
Phone: +64 9 892 9155, Email: email@example.com
Waitakere Campus Map | Google Maps | Session Times and Opening Hours
Free4U North Shore
Free4U Computing Albany closed at 10 Rothwell Ave, Albany on Wednesday 31st May.
We are looking for a new classroom on the North Shore and will keep you updated on our progress. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
To register your interest for attending our North Shore Classroom when it opens either:
- Register online
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone +64 9 892 7761
Free4U Computing Courses are beneficial to so many people in our community!
Free4U Computing, part of the Bridgepoint Network at Unitec Institute of Technology, is open to New Zealand citizens and New Zealand permanent residents, aged 16 and over. We offer FREE self-directed introductory computer courses. Our courses are suitable for those new to computers, those wanting to upskill for job opportunities, further study or personal interest. Students learn from instructional material with accompanying practical exercises with help from facilitators when required. They can start anytime with any course and choose session times that are convenient for them.
Free4U is an important and successful service and will give you the confidence you need to build your computer skills.
Ash Bennett (Team Leader), Fi Pillay, Frances Gillam and Miguel Cubeles-Gil
- Getting Started in Computing
- Introduction to Internet and Email (including Outlook 2013 & 365)
- Introduction to Word 2013 Part 1
- Introduction to Word 2013 Part 2
- Introduction to Excel 2013
- Introduction to Publisher 2013
- Introduction to PowerPoint 2013
- Introduction to Access 2013
FREE4U ADMISSION INFORMATION
1. To be eligible to enrol at Free4U Computing, you must be a NZ Citizen or NZ Permanent Resident and be aged 16 or over.
2. Please bring in one of the following documents to your first session (unless Unitec have already sighted one of these documents):
- NZ Citizens: Passport, Birth Certificate (see note 4), Certificate of NZ Citizenship or Statutory Declaration of Identity. You may bring in an expired Passport so long as the photo resembles you.
- NZ Permanent Residents: Passport (displaying NZ Permanent Residency Visa), Certificate of NZ Permanent Residency or Certificate of Identity. You may bring in an expired Passport so long as the photo resembles you and the NZ Permanent Residency visa is current. If you have a new passport with a residency stamp, we need to sight your original passport with the NZ Permanent Residency visa also.
3. Documents need to be originals, not photocopies, unless the photocopies are verified by a Justice of the Peace.
4. We use your name as it appears on your ID, unless you bring a marriage certificate as well as the ID mentioned above.
5. If you do not bring ID, we can not let you start our course.
6. If you have a debt to Unitec (fees owing, library/ parking fine), this must be sorted before enrolling at Free4U.
FREE4U STUDENT BENEFITS
Unfortunately as a Free4U student you do not get issued with a Unitec student ID card so do not get student benefits like discounts on transport, movies, events etc, but you do get issued with a Unitec ID number.
A Unitec ID number entitles you to:
- Use the free Unitec Shuttle Bus Service (operates between Mt Albert campus and Waitakere campus). You must have a printed letter from Free4U stating your Unitec Student ID number.
- Park for 3 hours or more in the Trading Place Car Park Building (Henderson) for $3 a day. You must have a printed letter from Free4U stating your Unitec Student ID number.
- Seek free careers advice from the Unitec Careers Consultants (by appointment). For more info see www.careers.unitec.ac.nz, email email@example.com or phone 0800108510.
- Download and use Microsoft Office 365 for free (includes Office 2013), this is valid during the time you are enrolled at Free4U (ask your facilitator for more information about this)
- Use the Unitec WIFI connection (UNITEC-ELEARN network). Your internet usage is logged and monitored by the Unitec IMS Department. Your username & password can be obtained from your facilitator.
- Use the Unitec campus computers in common student areas (you need to find out your Unitec computer login name and password). Though you must identify yourself as a Free4U student and stop using the computers if asked.
WHERE TO AFTER FREE4U
We encourage Free4U students to complete Unitec courses upon completion of Free4U. Contact Student Central on 0800109510, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or pop in to Student Central at Mt Albert or Waitakere campus for any information about other Unitec programmes.