- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To introduce students to concepts of data warehousing and decision-making, data warehouse design and implementation, data sourcing and data quality, Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) procedure, and on-line analytical processing (OLAP). Students will gain hands-on experience using Microsoft SQL server for implementing data warehouses.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Bachelor of Computing Systems programme or the Graduate Diploma in Computing programme or the Diploma in Information Technology Support programme to enrol in this course. Pre-requisite: For BCS & DITS: ISCG5423.
- Topics include:
Data warehouse architecture and schema, Introduction to SQL server for Data Warehouse, Dimentional Modelling, ETL, data integration, and data quality, Data Sourcing, OLAP and Data cubes, SQL in data warehouse, Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence,
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 2381. This timetable is currently unavailable.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|28 Jul 17 - 29 Sep 17||Lab||Friday||17:30 - 20:30||Mt Albert (183-2104)|
|20 Oct 17 - 24 Nov 17||Lab||Friday||17:30 - 20:30||Mt Albert (183-2104)|
Class: 6135. This timetable is currently unavailable.
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Computing Systems, Diploma in Information Technology Support, Graduate Diploma in Computing.