- 5.0 (0.042 EFTS)
- To identify how wall and roof structures, and ceiling framing are constructed, and to perform building mathematics.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry programme to enrol in this course. Students must enrol in both CIBC4107-SA & CIBC4107-SB to complete the course.
- Topics include:
The course content covers aspects of Frame and Structures Skill Set 1, 2 and 3 of the New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry Specifications.
Wall Framing (LO1)
-Types and configurations of walls can be either timber, or formed light gauge steel channel
- Construction process - must address in situ framing and working with prefabricated frames
- Non load-bearing includes interior partitioning, but on it's own does not meet the learning outcome/s for this course
Ceiling Farming (LO2)
- How to frame around penetrations - Types - sloping, flat, vaulted - Can be either timber, or formed light gauge steel channel
Building Calculations (LO3)
- General concepts of area and volume - Applied in context of wall and ceiling framing
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 2463. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 6224. This timetable is currently unavailable.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|17 Nov 17 - 17 Nov 17||Lecture||Friday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (180-2045)|
|Workshop||Friday||10:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (180-2045)|
|Friday||13:00 - 16:30||Mt Albert (307-1028A)|
|Friday||13:00 - 16:30||Mt Albert (307-1028C)|
Class: 8312. This timetable is currently unavailable.
- Note: This course is offered as part of New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry.