This programme is open soon for applications, pending NZQA approval.
This programme is ideal if you want to go on to higher-level study in Accounting, Business Management, Marketing, Media Studies, Public Relations and Communication Studies. It's also perfect for people already in employment who want to improve their personal communication and professional presentation skills. This certificate includes concepts of Identity and Communication, and develops digital skills relevant to the Business and Communication industries.
This program replaces the previous programme: Certificate in Communication and Media Arts (Level 4).
- Emphasis on practical skills and project-based learning: you could be designing an advertising campaign; managing accounts for a simulated business; creating promotional material such as press releases, print ads or posters.
- Lecturers who are eager to share their industry experience with you.
- Access to Unitec's excellent communication studies and performing arts facilities.
- A mix of classroom sessions, practical workshops, critique sessions, student seminars, discussions, presentations and online learning.
- An opportunity to learn about Maori culture and business principles from Maori lecturers and guest speakers.
For this programme, you will need the following:
- A minimum of 12 credits at NCEA Level 1 in three different subjects, one subject must be English
- A minimum of 4 years secondary education
- You may be required to attend an interview or to a Skills Review session at our Mt Albert campus
- Candidates who have English as a second language must have achieved one or more of the following:
- Have achieved NCEA Level 3 and New Zealand University entrance
- Be able to provide evidence you satisfy our criteria for existing English proficiency
- Have achieved at least one English proficiency outcome in the last two years
Don’t meet these requirements? We also accept:
- A relevant qualification at Level 2 on the NZQF or above or an equivalent qualification; or
- Provide sufficient evidence to be eligible for special or discretionary admission.
Pending NZQA approval.
Courses and timetables
All courses and timetables for 2018 will be available shortly.