This short course is designed to give automotive electricians an overview of basic and advanced techniques of using a digital oscilloscope for vehicle diagnosis.
Topics covered on this short course include:
- Overview of available oscilloscopes
- Basic adjustments and triggering to capture a pattern
- Sample patterns: ECU input signals and output commands, and what to look for that’s either good or bad
- Ignition patterns and how to get them: Secondary voltage, primary voltage and primary amperage patterns
- Relative compression testing: Using DC motor CEMF characteristics, high amp pickups, and ignition triggering to diagnose low compression
- Fuel pump testing: Using low amp probes to diagnose intermittent problems
- Other applications: Pressure/vacuum transducers at fuel rail, intake or exhaust manifolds
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a Unitec Certificate of Attendance.
Minimum Enrolment Number
Maximum Enrolment Number
$231.66 (including GST)