This course is designed to give automotive electricians a range of general principles of design, operation and testing techniques for the new CAN Bus systems. There will also be brief demonstrations of testing techniques.
Topics covered on this short course include:
- Basics of CAN Bus and multiplexing, including history, advantages, examples, distributed functionality and signal protocols.
- CAN Bus specifics are cited, with slow and fast speed, CAN Bus architecture, terminating resistors and vehicle examples.
- Diagnostic issues will be applied to vehicles, including using oscilloscopes or meters for diagnosis, dead bus or trouble code diagnosis, bus architecture, module swapping and VIN programming, and sample diagnostic problems.
- Voltage drop principles are compared with wiring voltages.
- Fibre optic systems and strategy of repair.
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a Unitec Certificate of Attendance.
Minimum Enrolment Number
Maximum Enrolment Number
$231.66 (including GST)