- 15.0 (0.125 EFTS)
- This course introduces the day-to-day management principles of a companion animal facility through a focus on animal health and welfare.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the New Zealand Certificate in Animal Management programme to enrol in this course. Students must enrol in both NSCI4713-SA & NSCI4713-SB to complete the course.
- Topics include:
Health and safety legislation and safe working practice, communication in the workplace, record keeping and management to supplies, using computer software,
ethics in the workplace, business law and management, animal welfare legislation Appropriate literacy and numeracy will be addressed so that students can meet the appropriate standards
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 5671. This timetable is currently unavailable.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|24 Jul 17 - 25 Sep 17||Lecture||Monday||09:30 - 11:30||Mt Albert (182-1001)|
|25 Jul 17 - 26 Sep 17||Practical||Tuesday||15:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (182-1002)|
|16 Oct 17 - 20 Nov 17||Lecture||Monday||09:30 - 11:30||Mt Albert (182-1001)|
|17 Oct 17 - 21 Nov 17||Practical||Tuesday||15:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (182-1002)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of New Zealand Certificate in Animal Management (Companion Animals).