- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable students to apply theoretical knowledge to work place practices in animal facilities.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the New Zealand Certificate in Animal Care programme to enrol in this course.
- Topics include:
On site facility Online Moodle Work based practicum Independent learning
Implicit use of and expression of sustainable practices and appreciation of cultural awareness in the practice of animal care
Work based practicum off/onsite - 48hrs Work based practicum onsite - 12hrs minimum
application of animal welfare, housing hygiene and enrichment for animals, preparation of animal diets and feeding, handling and restraint during health checks,
demonstrating personal and animal safety and first aid practice, health checks, grooming, identifying and selecting animals based on normal and abnormal behaviour
reading, writing, referencing, communication within teams, presentation of duties in written form using online tools, numeracy (feeding amounts, water quality, drug dose, body weight/condition)
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 5719. This timetable is currently unavailable.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|26 Jul 17 - 13 Sep 17||Lecture||Wednesday||17:30 - 20:30||Mt Albert (023-1016)|
|18 Oct 17 - 1 Nov 17||Lecture||Wednesday||17:30 - 20:30||Mt Albert (023-1016)|
|25 Jul 17 - 22 Aug 17||Lecture||Tuesday||17:30 - 20:30||Mt Albert (023-1016)|
|5 Sep 17 - 26 Sep 17||Lecture||Tuesday||17:30 - 20:30||Mt Albert (023-1016)|
|17 Oct 17 - 31 Oct 17||Lecture||Tuesday||17:30 - 20:30||Mt Albert (023-1016)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of New Zealand Certificate in Animal Care (Companion Animal).