- 40 (0.333 EFTS)
- To enable students to develop a theoretical and applied knowledge of husbandry of a range of companion animal species within an animal facility.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the New Zealand Certificate in Animal Care programme to enrol in this course.
- Topics include:
On site facility Online Moodle Work based practicum Independent learning Implicit use of and expression of sustainable practices and appreciation of cultural awareness in the practice of animal care
Theory of animal welfare domains, housing design and welfare aspects, science of nutrition, enrichment theory pertaining to welfare and behaviour,
transport and restraint process as per legal/ethical act, rules and legislation for personal and animal safety and first aid, principles of animal selection,
identification and behaviour in terms of learning theory and the principles of abnormal and normal behaviour, process and importance of health check within a facility, service of grooming in a facility
reading, writing, referencing, communication (distance health check reports, health checks, reporting behaviour status)
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 5714. This timetable is currently unavailable.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|26 Jul 17 - 13 Sep 17||Lecture||Wednesday||17:30 - 20:30||Mt Albert (023-1016)|
|18 Oct 17 - 1 Nov 17||Lecture||Wednesday||17:30 - 20:30||Mt Albert (023-1016)|
|25 Jul 17 - 22 Aug 17||Lecture||Tuesday||17:30 - 20:30||Mt Albert (023-1016)|
|5 Sep 17 - 26 Sep 17||Lecture||Tuesday||17:30 - 20:30||Mt Albert (023-1016)|
|17 Oct 17 - 31 Oct 17||Lecture||Tuesday||17:30 - 20:30||Mt Albert (023-1016)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of New Zealand Certificate in Animal Care (Companion Animal).