- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To develop an understanding of the roles and expectations for the participation in District Court criminal proceedings and discuss the preparation of a prosecution file for a hearing.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Certificate in Animal Welfare Investigation programme to enrol in this course.
- Topics include:
Court procedures, participants and credibility,
Summary of facts, ingredients, structure, hearsay evidence and the exclusion rule, law of evidence and chain of evidence,
Accurate, concise and relevance,
Relevance, non-discriminatory language, calm and professional.
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|12 Oct 18 - 12 Oct 18||Lecture||Friday||12:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (115-2009)|
|Friday||12:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (115-1023)|
|Friday||12:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (115-1008)|
|Friday||12:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (115-1007)|
|Friday||12:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (115-3016)|
Class: 5982. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 7536. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 7566. This timetable is currently unavailable.
- Note: This course is offered as part of Certificate in Animal Welfare Investigations.