- 15.0 (0.125 EFTS)
- To provide students with an opportunity to complete an in-depth applied science study using research skills and to disseminate their findings in an appropriate format.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Bachelor of Applied Science programme to enrol in this course. Co-requisite: NSCI6730. Students must enrol in both NSCI7731-SA & NSCI7731-SB to complete the course.
- Topics include:
Topics will be identified through discussion with the course team
Self-directed Study projects may be developed using a range of formats, including
- Research project through experiment, systematic observation or survey,
- Synthesis and analysis of a body of knowledge,
- Communication and dissemination of scientific knowledge,
- Advanced professional practice internship with research report
The study approach will be developed in discussion with an assigned project supervisor, and methodologies and approaches will be tailored to each individual student
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 1025. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 1026. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 5577. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 5578. This timetable is currently unavailable.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|24 Aug 17 - 28 Sep 17||Lab||Thursday||13:00 - 15:00||Mt Albert (115-3009)|
|19 Oct 17 - 2 Nov 17||Lab||Thursday||13:00 - 15:00||Mt Albert (115-3009)|
|27 Jul 17 - 17 Aug 17||Lecture||Thursday||13:00 - 15:00||( )|
Class: 7592. This timetable is currently unavailable.
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Applied Science (Animal Management and Welfare), Bachelor of Applied Science (Biodiversity Management), Bachelor of Applied Science (Science Communication).