Industry Based Learning - Operations Management (BSNS7359)
- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To provide students with the opportunity to integrate their learning across their programme of study and to apply theoretical and practical business skills to an approved project/placement in industry. To critically reflect upon the processes undertaken in completing the project/placement.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to BBus or GDBus to enrol in this course Prereq:BB:Min 285crd in maj.GDB:60crd & PC aprvl. Rstrctns:BB: APMG7359,ACTY7219,ALAF7219,ACTY7319,ALAF7319,BSNS7349, APMG 7349,BSNS7389,APMG7389. GDB:APMG7359, 7349,7389, BSNS 7349,7389.
- Topics include:
The student will undertake to find and complete and approved placement of a minimum of 110 hours in the workplace within the parameters agreed with the sponsoring oranisation and academic staff member
The process of negotiating the project/work placement will be overseen by course co-ordinator
In-addition, the course co-ordinator will allocate an academic staff member to be the supervisor of the student and provide on-going support
An initial on-site meeting will be held involving the academic supervisor the workplace supervisor and the student to clarify the obligations of each person
A second on-site meeting involving all three parties will take place towards the end of the IBL experience to complete the collaborative assessment
Academic supervisors will provide feedback on the student's learning journals, goals and project/work progress
Due to the nature of this course there will be 15 hours of workshops (day and night classroom sessions to be held)
Workshop topics to include
Course overview, critical self-reflection and learning journals, personal goal setting, project/time management, project report writing, workplace ethics, preparing for assessment and critiquing portfolios
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 1676. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 5499. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 5515. This timetable is currently unavailable.
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Business (Accountancy), Bachelor of Business (Finance), Bachelor of Business (Management), Bachelor of Business (Marketing), Graduate Diploma in Business (Operations Management).