What is Moodle?
Moodle is a ‘Learning Management System.’ Moodle supports Unitec’s elearning by enabling teachers and students to communicate and participate in a range of online teaching and learning activities. Teachers may also use Moodle to provide students access to course-related resources.
Important: Moodle is only active a week before your class starts, until two weeks after your last class. Please remember to save all your data before you lose it. Grades are available on MyPortal for two years.
How do I login to Unitec eLearn (Moodle)?
- Go to http://moodle.unitec.ac.nz.
- Enter your Username and Password in the Login Panel.
- Click the Login button.
How do I change my Moodle Password?
- Log into the Unitec eLearn site, see above.
- Click on your profile picture (top right).
- Select Preferences from the drop down list, click on Change password and follow the instructions to change your password.
- Click on Save Changes button. This changes your Moodle password only, NOT your Network password.
I cannot remember my Moodle password!
Go to http://moodle.unitec.ac.nz.
- Click the Lost Password link in the Login Panel.
- On the following screen, enter either your username or email address and Moodle will send an email to your email account.
- Once you have been notified that an email has been sent, close that Moodle page and check your email.
- YOU WILL GET 2 EMAILS.
- The first email checks that you are asking for your password and is security against someone stealing your identity.
- Within this first email click on another link to receive a second email.
- The second email gives you your new password.
Note: Contact the ask IMS Help Desk if you need help.