|IMS Service Availability Status|
Service Availability Status: OK.
|IMS Help Desk Hours of Support|
|Phone and Mt Albert Hub Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8.00am - 8.00pm || Saturday: 9.00am - 4.00pm || Sunday: Closed
Building 3 and Waitākere Hours: Monday - Friday: 8.00am - 4.30pm
If you haven’t received a letter from IMS with your login details, you can obtain your network username at any IMS Computer Orientation session or from the IMS Help Desk by calling extn 8484 (DDI 815-2908) or by visiting us at The Hub or Building 3 at Mt Albert or first level at Waikākere Campus. You will be asked to provide a valid Student ID card or show your drivers license to prove your identity. If you are calling the IMS Help Desk you will need to answer a number of security questions.
Your network password is by default your date of birth in the format DDMMYYYY. Make sure you type your username and password in lowercase.
As a student you only have access to the Mac machines if you are enrolled in a Mac course. Accessing the MAC machines is similar to accessing a PC.
Ensure you log off your machine when you are finished for security reasons.
- Unitec computers – student computers in labs, or Unitec owned laptops/netbooks/ipads and other mobile devices.
- Unitec wireless hotspots – access the internet on your own laptop (see Services > Wireless on this website).
- Moodle – access course content from your lecturer (but see note below**).
- Student Self Service – to access your personal details and final grades.
- Student Portal/My Portal, Office 365 and Outlook (student email) – add @myunitec.ac.nz to your username.
- Unitec Library systems – check your Library account, renew and request library books, search databases, access ebooks, eJournals & other online resources.
** Your Moodle login username will be the same as your Unitec network one but Moodle has a different pathway for you to change the password. Change your Moodle password in Moodle. It is not linked to your network password.