Apply for a position on Unitec Council
Unitec Council is seeking to appoint a new Council Member. The Council is the governing body of Unitec Institute of Technology, and it is collectively responsible for ensuring the Institution’s overall success and sustainability
The Unitec Council is composed of 8 members; four of whom are appointed by the Minister for Tertiary Education and four of whom are appointed by the Unitec Council. Council members are appointed for no more than four years and may be reappointed for a further term.
About Unitec Institute of Technology
Unitec is New Zealand’s largest Institution of Technology, with approximately 20,000 annual enrolments and half that many equivalent full time students. Unitec is primarily focused on the associated professional, advanced trades, and technology sectors of industry. We have a particular emphasis on reskilling and continual professional development.
Unitec is currently transforming the whole of its organisation to create an exemplar contemporary applied learning institution, and an excellent education business, contributing to NZ’s economic and social success. Unitec’s business model, learning model, facilities, technology and workforce are quickly becoming obsolete in a rapidly changing external environment.
Role description for Members of Unitec Council
The Role of each Council member is to participate fully in discharging the governance responsibilities described below:
- Attendance at Council meetings
- Preparation in advance of the meeting
- Participation in full in all discussions and decisions at the meet meeting
- Preparation and participation as required between meetings
- Ensuring the Board fulfills the responsibilities and duties
How to apply:
- Write and tell us how you meet each of the four criteria for appointment listed in the Unitec Council Membership Application Pack.
- Provide us with a current CV.
- Provide us with your name and contact details, the names, titles and phone numbers, the name of 2 referees, and your view of the potential for a conflict of interest based on your existing interests.
- Please submit to email@example.com or post to Council Appointments (Building 48), Unitec, Private Bag 92025, Victoria St West, Auckland 1142 to ensure receipt by midnight on Sunday 21 May 2017.
The closing date for applications is on Sunday 21 May 2017 at midnight.
For more information, please download the full application pack.