How do I apply for COP or PGCOP? please use this application form
Where do I find my application? To locate your application, you would need to login into the Student Portal and then click on 'Programme application progress' under Useful Links. Please note the login for the Student Portal is your Unitec email address for example; firstname.lastname@example.org and your Unitec password.
How can I withdraw my application? You will need to send us an email at email@example.com indicating that you wish to withdraw your application.
I am applying for a course (paper) within a programme, which programme do I choose on your list?
Some of our short courses actually carry credits, so you need to apply for a Certificate of Proficiency (COP).
• On the third page of your application form, please choose Certificate of Proficiency as the programme you are applying for.
• For the Major and Specialisation select Certificate of Proficiency
• Select the semester which you wish to study
• Select if you wish to be full/part time and your preferred location of study
• Indicate which course(s) you would like to do under the Certificate of Proficiency in the Class Number boxes. For example, if you see ACTY6201 1389, the class number here is 1389 not 6201. If you are not sure, please give us a call on 0800 10 95 10.
If you wish to complete the full programme after gaining your COP credits, you can have these cross credited.
I cannot edit my address on the application form, am I doing anything wrong?
To overcome this, please follow the instructions below:
• Under NZ Postal Address, enter your street number and name or PO Box number into Address line 1, then suburb into Address line 2 then City, Country and Postcode in the relevant areas for each box required.
• Home address and Work address details are optional.
• Please do not use any punctuation marks other than a forward slash / to indicate the flat or unit/street number.
I don't have any tertiary qualifications so why is my application asking me to complete a Tertiary section?
Because you have indicated that you are currently enrolled or have previously enrolled in tertiary study on the very first page of the application form. To change this, please follow the steps below:
· Click on the Person tab on the top.
· Click on the Previous button.
You are now looking at the first page of the application form. Please change your answer from yes to no for Question 6.
I keep being directed to an error page while filling out the Tertiary section in my application form, what am I doing wrong?
- Please click on the yellow Details button on the Tertiary page.
- Click on the magnifying glass next to the Qualification box and select your programme. If your qualification is not from Unitec, please choose a generic entry from the list such as ‘Degree not on list’, ‘Diplomas’, ‘Certificates’, ‘Post Graduate Certificate’ or ‘Post Graduate Diploma’.
- If the university/polytechnic you attended was overseas it will not be in the list, so please choose ‘Polytechnics overseas’ or from one of the ‘University’ options. Depending on the programme(s) you are applying for, it is very likely that we will need to see a verified copy of your tertiary qualification(s)
- If the university/polytechnic was in New Zealand but starts with anything after ‘U’ then please enter the first word of your institute name in the search box (which is on top of the list) and click on the Look Up button.
- Please enter any dates required manually (i.e. 01/02/2012).Dates can be generic not exact.
- You can state your actual qualification in the free format area beside Major field of study if you wish
- Program Status - if you are still in the process of completing this qualification please indicate this as ‘In Progress’.
- Click on the Add button on the Tertiary page if you have more than one tertiary qualification. Please note that our system will not let you select the same institute again so you will need to choose another one.
That is because you have chosen next year (or this year) as the year you first enrolled in a tertiary institution. Please don’t worry about this field as it is already greyed out.I am trying to complete the Tertiary and/or Compliance sections in my application form, but the university/polytechnic/high school I went to is not on your list.
If the university/polytechnic/high school you attended was overseas it will not be on the list, so please choose ‘Polytechnics overseas’ or from one of the ‘University’ options or ‘Overseas Secondary School’. Depending on the programme(s) you are applying for, it is very likely that we will need to see a verified copy of your tertiary and/or high school qualifications.
If the university/polytechnic/high school was in New Zealand but starts with anything after ‘U’ (for university/polytechnic) or ‘M’ (for high school) then please enter the first word of your institute/school name in the search box (which is on top of the list) and click on the Look Up button.
My online application is incomplete, but I can't see which parts of the Compliance page are missing.
- Make sure you answer all questions with a * sign.
- If you have selected Other, Other Asian, Other European, Other Pacific Island, or Other South East Asian as your ethnicity, please specify details
- If you have identified as NZ Maori, please select your iwi from the drop down boxes.
I am trying to complete an application form online. There is a * in the English section, but I haven't done an English test.
This page is optional. You don’t need to complete it.I can't seem to delete my work experience details from my application.
Unfortunately you can’t edit this part when it is greyed out. We recommend you attach a copy of your updated CV to your application. You can do this on the Documents page.There is a * in the Work Experience section, but I don't want to complete this part of the application form.
This page is optional. You don’t need to complete it.I don't know what my IRD number is.
If you are trying to complete your application online, this page is optional. You don’t need to complete it. If you need to know what your IRD number is, please contact Inland Revenue.
Where do I find my offer? For these programmes your offer will be emailed to you.
How do I attach documents to my application?
· Click on the Add Document button.
· On the File Attachment screen, click on Browse.
· Choose the file you want to upload on your computer then click Open and upload.
· Indicate what the document is in the Document Type box.
If you are having issues with the Documents page, please give us a call on 0800 10 95 10.
How do I complete the Program section in my application form?
- You will need to select the programme intended to apply by clicking on the magnifying glass and selecting the right programme from the list.
- If you wish to apply for more than one programme, then please click on ‘Add Programme’ to add the second programme. At the most, 3 programmes can be applied per application. If more programmes are needed to be applied for then you will need to contact Student Central
- You will then need to fill in additional details (like major, specialisation, semester start date, full time/part time etc.) related to the chosen programme.
- If more than one programme is inputted then the details for all programmes need to be entered otherwise the application cannot be submitted.
That is because you haven’t clicked on the View Declaration link next to the first box. Once you have viewed it you should be able to tick both boxes.
I can't complete my application straight away, can I save and modify my application later?