Here at Unitec, we are undergoing a rapid transformation and we need the right people on board to make this happen. We are looking for staff who are innovative, flexible and driven. Staff who can make connections with industry and peers, who are capable of working across disciplines, and who thrive on teamwork that gets results. Hopefully this sounds like you.
Meeting you is an important part of our recruitment process and your interview gives us the opportunity to get to know you, and offers you the chance to get to know us too. You’ll need to come along prepared to answer specific questions about your role, but also questions that delve into how you work and the kind of environment that you work best in.
At the end of the interview, we should both leave feeling like you gave us the best possible picture of who you really are. Will you find the right mix of satisfying work, great projects and exciting challenges at Unitec? Do you have the drive and determination to help us succeed? That's what our interview process is designed to find out.
- Be ready to discuss your strengths, expertise and any experience that appears on your resume.
- Think about why you have applied for this particular position and what value you will add.
- Review what you know – such as the job description – and do some online research about the Institute’s current developments, future direction etc.
- Think of at least one example to illustrate each role competency.
- Use examples from previous jobs where possible, and include examples from volunteer work, school, hobbies and other parts of your life if they're relevant.
- Be specific and detailed in your answers.
- Come prepared with three to five meaningful questions for your interviewers. Questions demonstrate your level of understanding, your interests and your passions, and help you learn about the company. So don’t hold back.
- Relax and be yourself. It’s easier said than done, but we want to meet the real you.
- It’s also ok to think for a moment about your answer before you start talking.
- If you don’t understand a question, ask us and we will try to explain it in a different way. Remember, your interview is an opportunity for you to get to know us and for us to get to know you.
- Remember to bring your passport, along with your filled out, signed and witnessed pre-employment health questionnaire. Don’t forget a copy of the map provided – Unitec is big!
- Also, if you walk out of the interview, get in your car and think “why didn’t I ask that question?”Don’t worry. You can always contact our friendly Talent Acquisition team to find out the answer.