If you have aches and pains, back pain, sport injuries or shoulder and knee problems, you can book yourself in at Unitec's Osteopathy Clinic. The clinic provides effective, affordable and drug-free care for lots of conditions.
Treatment is carried out by Master of Osteopathy students. They have already completed a first degree, and they are supervised by tutors who are qualified osteopaths with lots of experience.
All the techniques used in osteopathy are gentle and normally don't cause pain or discomfort. You'll always be asked for your permission before treatment starts.
Osteopathy can ease lots of different types of neck, back and joint pains, and it is suitable for people of all ages and occupations:
- Pregnant women: Antenatal care for women experiencing back and other aches and pains, in all stages of pregnancy
- Babies: Colic and difficulty sleeping or feeding
- Children and young people: Growth-related problems in knees, feet and spine
- Elderly people: Chronic aches and pains related to the spine, shoulders, hips, feet and knees
- Sportspeople and dancers: Sprains, strains and chronic injuries
- Workers in sedentary or active occupations, e.g. computer users, drivers and labourers.
The first visit takes about 90 minutes, and after that each visit is about 45 minutes.
Building 41, Mt Albert campus
Monday to Friday, 8.00am - 5.30pm
Please visit the Clinic 41 website for current fees
Osteopathy Clinic Reception
Last edited: 05 February 2013