In homestay accommodation you live with a New Zealand host family. Living with a host family will ensure you are comfortable and supported while you adjust to study in a new country. Our approved host families come from a variety of cultural backgrounds and are all committed to your care.
All students under the age of 18 are required to live in homestay accommodation or with approved family members. To ensure the highest level of care and safety for international students, we use an approved homestay agency, Auckland Homestay Services, to help with student placement, police checks of host families and home inspections.
Homestay Services will ensure that:
- You are met at the airport and taken directly to your homestay
- You are well cared for
- Follow up meetings are carried out to check that you and your host family are compatible and happy – if changes are necessary, you will not be charged a fee
- You have your own fully furnished room and fresh linen
- Your laundry is done for you
- Breakfast and dinner is provided every day together with lunch on Saturdays and Sundays.
Homestay costs include:
- Homestay with meals – approximately NZ$270 per week (for 12 weeks)
- A placement fee of NZ$250
- An optional airport transfer fee of NZ$90.
To apply for a homestay, please complete the Homestay Application Form included with your Offer of Place or download a copy from the Quick Links.
If you would like any further information, please email Auckland Homestay Services Ltd at email@example.com
Last edited: 16 October 2013